Swiggy is joining hands with HDFC Bank, India’s largest private bank, to launch its much-awaited credit card. This card promises its esteemed customers an enticing 10% cash back on all their Swiggy-related transactions, while also extending a generous 5% cashback across an extensive network of over 1,000 partnered platforms. Among these notable partners stand the giants like Amazon, Adidas, Zara, Flipkart, Nike, Uber, and BookMyShow, enhancing the allure of the credit card manifold, as disclosed by Swiggy.
Should you apply for any of these credit cards? How do these cards compare with other credit cards? Read on to find out.
- 10% Cashback on Swiggy application (Food ordering, Instamart, Dineout & Genie). The limit for this cashback is Rs. 1500 per month.
Minimum Transaction Amount to Earn Cashback = Rs. 100
- 5% Cashback on online spending across top brands. For the list of eligible MCC Click here. For an explanation of these MCC (Merchant category codes) click here. The limit for this cashback is Rs. 1500 per month.
- 1% Cashback on other categories. For the list of exclusions & capping Click here. The limit for this cashback is Rs. 500 per month.
- Complimentary Swiggy One Membership for 3 months on card activation as per the latest RBI guidelines
- Cashback will be redeemable only on Swiggy Application as Swiggy Money.
List of Exclusions for 10% Cashback category with Swiggy HDFC Bank Credit Card on Swiggy App
Please note that the 10% cashback offer will not be valid for the following transactions:
- Swiggy Money Wallet
- Swiggy Liquor
- Swiggy Minis
- Any other category decided later (if any)
List of Exclusions for 1% Cashback category with Swiggy HDFC Bank Credit Card on Swiggy App
Please note that the 1% cashback offer will not be valid for the following transactions:
- Government related Transactions
As a one-time welcome benefit, this card gives you a complimentary Swiggy One Membership for 3 months on card activation as per the latest RBI guidelines.
Fee and charges
- Joining Fee / Renewal Membership Fee – ₹500 /- + Applicable Charges.
- Annual Fee: ₹500 /- + Applicable Charges. If you spend more than Rs. 2,00,000 in a year then the renewal fee will be waived off.
The eligibility criteria for this credit card are as below:
- For Salaried Indian nationals:
- Age: Min 21 years & Max 60 Years,
- Net Monthly Income > ₹25,000
- For Self Employed Indian national
- Age: Min 21 years & Max 65 Years
- ITR > Rs 6 Lakhs per annum
- Zero lost card liability: If you lose this credit card and you report this to the HDFC calls centre immediately then you will have zero liability towards fraudulent transactions done on your card.
Comparison: HDFC Swiggy Vs. ICICI Amazon Pay Vs. Axis Flipkart
|Parameters||HDFC Swiggy||ICICI Amazon Pay||Axis Flipkart|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500||Nil||Rs. 500|
|Fee Waiver||On Rs. 2 lakh annual spends||NA||On Rs. 2 lakh annual spends|
|Welcome Benefits||3 months Swiggy One membership||NA||Save Up to Rs. 1,100 on Flipkart, Myntra & Swiggy combined|
|Base Cashback Rate||1% up to Rs. 500 p.m.||1%||1.5%|
|Accelerated Cashback||10% up to Rs. 1,500 p.m. on Swiggy5% up to Rs. 1,500 p.m. on online spends||5% on Amazon by Prime members3% on Amazon by non-Prime members2% on Amazon Pay partner merchant spends||5% on Flipkart & Myntra4% on preferred merchants|
|Other Benefits||Nil||Up to 15% off on dining at partner restaurants||4 domestic airport lounge visits per year Up to 20% off at partner restaurants|
|Form of Cashback Redemption||As Swiggy Money||As Amazon Pay balance||As statement credit|
The Swiggy HDFC Bank Credit Card offers fantastic co-branded advantages, including a complimentary Swiggy One membership, 10% cashback on Swiggy orders, and cashback redemption in the form of Swiggy Money balance. With the discontinuation of the RBL Bank Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card, this card proves to be an excellent alternative for those seeking substantial savings on dining and other food-related expenses.
Beyond these co-branded benefits, the card also bestows accelerated cashback of 5% on other online expenditures across popular brands such as Myntra, Amazon, Flipkart, BookMyShow, Nykaa, Uber, Ola, and various others. All other expenses accumulate 1% cashback.
To avail of these incredible perks, a nominal annual fee of Rs. 500 applies. However, fret not, for this fee can be waived off by reaching a minimum spending threshold of Rs. 2 lakh, which is easily achievable. Keep in mind, though, that certain terms and conditions govern the cashback earnings.
Only transactions worth Rs. 100 or more qualify for cashback. Additionally, there’s a cap on category-wise cashback earnings, restricting you to a maximum of Rs. 3,500 cashback per month. Furthermore, this earned cashback can exclusively be redeemed as Swiggy Money balance, valid for one year from the date of accrual. Nevertheless, this limitation on redemption options can prove advantageous as it simplifies decision-making and grants you guilt-free spending on food.
When do I get cashback?
Cashback gets credited to Swiggy money, within 10 days of your monthly statement date and can be accessed via the ‘My Accounts’ on the Swiggy App.
Where can this cashback be used?
The cashback can be used to pay for your various food, grocery, dineout & genie orders on Swiggy. You can see your Swiggy money balance automatically while paying for an order or by visiting the Swiggy money section on Swiggy app
What type of online spends will give 10% cashback?
You will get 10% cashback on these offerings by Swiggy: Food, Instamart, Dineout & Genie. The latest list of categories that the card supports cashback for will be updated by Swiggy.