The Ayushman Bharat Card, also known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) card, is the world’s largest government-funded healthcare scheme. It was launched in 2018 with the aim of providing free and cashless healthcare to over 100 crore poor and vulnerable Indians. The scheme covers over 1,350 medical packages, including both secondary and tertiary care, at both public and private impanelled hospitals across the country by issuing them Ayushman Bharat Card.
Millions of Indian citizens have benefitted from this scheme of the Indian government. in this post, we will explain the Ayushman Bharat Card 2023 application process and how to download your ABHA Card. But before applying be sure to check the Ayushman Bharat Card 2023 eligibility section.
Overview (ABHA 2023)
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana 2023|
|Nodal Ministry||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Sh. Narendra Modi|
|Eligibility criteria||Indian citizen from EWS criteria with annual income les than 2.5 lakh|
|Benefit of Ayushman Card 2023||Cashless Treatment Up To Rs 5,00,000/-|
|Traetments covered||All major treatments|
|Hospitals Empanelled||All Government & Private Hospitals|
|Helpline number||1800-11-4477 / 14477 (Toll-free), 1800111565|
Online Application for Ayushman Bharat Card 2023
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) was launched by the Indian Central Government under the supervision of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Under this scheme, people with low income can get free treatment done in the hospitals up to Rs. 5 lakhs per person.
Before starting the online application go to https://pmjay.gov.in/ and click on ‘Am I Elgible’ button in the top right section.
If you are eligible then you can start the online application process. After that, the authorities will verify your form and if your verification is successful then your name will be added to the Ayushman Bharat list 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for ABHA Card 2023
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Annual family income shall be less than Rs. 5 Lakhs
- All the SC/ST Category Citizens are eligible for Ayushman Registration
- All daily Wage Workers are also eligible for the ABHA Card 2023.
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Health Card 2023
The benefits of this scheme are as below:
- Free health cover of up to Rs. 5 Lakh for families living below the poverty line
- Special treatments like cardiologists and urologists are also covered.
- it also covers pre-existing illness which is not available in any insurance scheme.
- The treatment is cashless. You don’t have to pay any money anywhere for treatment.
- The registration process is paperless.
- Under this scheme, you can get treatment in government hospitals and private hospitals.
- The admission cost of up to 15 days in the hospital is covered under this scheme.
The cover under the scheme includes all expenses incurred on the following components of the treatment.
- Medical examination, treatment, and consultation
- Medicine and medical consumables
- Non-intensive and intensive care services
- Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
- Medical implantation services (where necessary)
- Accommodation benefits
- Food services
- Complications arising during treatment
- Post-hospitalization follow-up care up to 15 days
The benefits of INR 5,00,000 are on a family floater basis which means that it can be used by one or all members of the family. The RSBY had a family cap of five members.
However, based on learnings from those schemes, PM-JAY has been designed in such a way that there is no cap on family size or age of members.
In addition, pre-existing diseases are covered from the very first day. This means that any eligible person suffering from any medical condition before being covered by PM-JAY will now be able to get treatment for all those medical conditions as well under this scheme right from the day they are enrolled.
Before starting your application process, keep the soft and hard copies of the below listed documents with you:
- Adhaar Card
- Adhaar registered Mobile number
- PAN Card
- Income certificate
- Passport size photo
How To Download Ayushman Bharat Card 2023
To download your Ayushman Bharat Card 2023 from pmjay.gov.in use the following steps:
- Go to pmjay.gov.in
- Click on download Ayushman card button
- Enter Adhaar number to receive OTP
- Enter the OTP
- Now you can download the digital copy Ayushman card.
- You can use the digital copy or take a printout.
How to Check Ayushman Bharat Card Status 2023
To check your Ayushman Bharat Card Status after the application, you should wait for 10-12 days. if your application is not approved in this duration then you should go to https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/login/track and enter your registered mobile number to track your application. If there is any error in your application, it will be displayed here. After correcting that error submit your application. If your application is validated successfully then you can download your card.
Ayushman Card List 2023
The government publishes a list of all the beneficiaries who have successfully registered with the Ayushman Bharat Scheme. If you have applied for the Ayushman Bharat Scheme then after 10-12 days you should check for your name in this list.
You can also call 14477 to know if your name is included in this list or not.
How to apply for Ayushman card 2023?
Go to pmjay.gov.in enter your Adhaar number and proceed for appliction.
How do I find my name in ABHA card?
– Visit the Common Service Centre (CSC) of PMJAY or any empanelled hospital.
– Contact the Helpline Number at 14555 or 1800-111-565 to check your eligibility.
– Visit the PMJAY website.
Is pregnancy covered by Ayushman Bharat?
Pregnancy is indeed covered by the Ayushman Bharat regulations. A pregnant lady who qualifies can receive up to INR 5,000 for all procedures and surgeries.
Is the Ayushman card valid for lifetime?
Yes, it is valid for the lifetime. You have to renew it every year.
What treatments are not covered under the Ayushman Scheme?
-Outpatient department (OPD) consultations and procedures.
-Fertility-related treatments such as in-vitro fertilisation (IVF)
-Cosmetic surgeries and procedures.
-Dental treatments and procedures.
-Drug and alcohol rehabilitation.