The Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme 2023, the latest initiative by the West Bengal state government, provides an exciting opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs. This program offers loans of up to Rs. 5 lakh, with the state serving as a guarantor for upcoming projects. Starting in 2023, applicants can apply for this scheme online. Let’s delve into the details of the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme:
The Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme 2023, also known as the WB Bhavishyat Credit Card Scheme, was unveiled by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee during the budget presentation. This initiative aims to bolster upcoming state projects and provide crucial financial backing to individuals lacking sufficient resources. A distinctive feature of this program is that the government acts as a guarantor, making it possible to secure loans without collateral.
Key Scheme Details:
|Scheme Name||Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme|
|Department||Department of MSME&T|
|Initiated by||State Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||Entrepreneurs and Business Owners|
|Objective||To offer loans up to Rs. 5 Lakh|
|Scheme Commencement Date||April 1, 2023|
|Application Mode||Online & offline|
|Official Website||BCCS West Bengal|
|Fee for application||Nil|
|Customer care Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Customer care Number||033 2262 2004|
Objectives of the Scheme
The primary objectives of the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme are as follows:
- To issue credit cards to eligible participants for various purposes, including starting new businesses, expanding existing ones, or meeting financial obligations.
- Encouraging young individuals in the state to explore self-employment opportunities.
- Recognizing the potential profitability of entrepreneurship.
- Addressing the resource gap that often hinders people from launching their own enterprises.
- Providing loans with government backing, eliminating the need for personal guarantees.
Applicability of the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme
- Any income generating project in manufacturing, service, trading/business, farm sector (Diary, poultry, fish, piggery, etc.) qualifying as an enterprise under the extant definition of MSMED Act 2006.
- Both new units and existing units can apply under the scheme for Term loans and/or working capital loan/composite loans. However, a new unit set up under this scheme may be considered for 2nd dose of capital support in machinery/tools or expansion only after two years of implementation.
- All those applications that were sponsored under Karmasathi Prakalpa but not sanctioned as of 1st of April, 2023 will migrate to this scheme.
Non-applicability of the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme
- Employees of Central/ State Government/ Government Undertakings and their families will not be eligible to come under the purview of the Scheme.
- Defaulter borrower in any Bank/Financial Institution.
Eligibility Criteria for the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme
To be eligible for the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Permanent residency in West Bengal for the past 10 years
- A genuine need for financial support and a desire to start a business.
- Submission of all required scheme-related documents.
- Submission of essential documents, including Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card, and a recent passport-size photograph.
- Providing accurate contact details.
Required Documents for the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme
Applicants are required to submit several documents, including:
- Bonafide certificate of West Bengal
- Business Performa
- Loan documents
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card copy
- PAN Card copy
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Contact information, including a mobile number
Online Application Process
To apply for the Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the scheme.
- Look for the link to the online application.
- Download the application form and fill it out with accurate information.
- Ensure that you provide precise contact details.
- Attach the necessary documents, including a bonafide certificate, business proforma, loan documents, Aadhar card copy, ration card copy, PAN card copy, and a recent passport-size photograph.
- Submit the completed application form and documents to the bank.
- If you meet the requirements, the bank will review your application and issue a credit card with a limit of Rs. 5 lakh.
Also Read: IndusInd pinnacle credit card review
Offline Application Process
Alternatively, applicants can apply offline by following these steps:
- Obtain the West Bengal Bhabishyat Credit Card Scheme Offline Application Form from the Department of MSME&T Office.
- Accurately fill out the application form and include all required documents.
- Submit the completed application form and supporting documentation to the District Office of the Department of MSME&T.
- Department officers will verify the received application forms and documents.
- Once verified, you can collect your credit card from the Department of MSME&T Office.
Is there a minimum or maximum age requirement?
Applicants aged between 18 and 45, including those in the construction and motor vehicle industries, are eligible for the program.
What are the fundamental details you must submit to obtain the OTP?
Basic information such as name, address, gender, date of birth, and mobile number is required to receive the OTP.
How will you get the OTP?
To receive the OTP, click the ‘Login’ link, enter the OTP on the pop-up page, and click “Register Here.” Complete the online registration form and an OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
How to check the status of the application form?
After successfully logging in, the Applicant can see a link “Details” on the Dashboard. Click on the “Details” link. An applicant can view the application status after the successful submission of the online application form.